POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle pattern values : Re: Crackle pattern values Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:55:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crackle pattern values
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 12 Apr 2018 07:19:17
Message: <5acf40b5$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/11/2018 06:58 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
....now for whatever reason I can
> only get two map entries to display.
>
> AND, I can't seem to get the normal and finish blocks to play well in the
> texture definition.

A trick I find useful when working with maps is to hard code a value as
follows using function{} :

// pigment_pattern {NR_wood_grain}
    function { 0.91 }
    texture_map {...}

and doing this in your scene tells me the problem (two value issue) is
with the NR_wood_grain pigment though nothing pops out at me...

You can use differing normals and finishes in your texture_map, but you
have to have added those to the original texture definitions as Thomas
suggested or make your texture_map entries each something like:

[0.9 pigment {} normal {} finish {}]

Bill P.