POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Inquiry: What Surface Finishes for Wood do You Recommend? : Inquiry: What Surface Finishes for Wood do You Recommend? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Inquiry: What Surface Finishes for Wood do You Recommend?
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 11 Apr 2018 10:56:46
Message: <5ace222e$1@news.povray.org>
Hi experienced POV-Ray users,

my steamboat is made of lumber. I wonder, what surface finishes you
would usually use for wooden planks. Those are deck planks, but also the
planks on the sides of the superstructures on the decks. Online I saw
some really nice examples, some even going as far as using
specular_maps, I was reading in the photo description.

Based on your own experiences, what finishes or even normals, would you use?

---
http://www.avg.com