POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture : Re: INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture Server Time
4 May 2024 07:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture
From: clipka
Date: 8 Apr 2018 20:38:17
Message: <5acab5f9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 08.04.2018 um 17:31 schrieb Sven Littkowski:
> Hmmm, I just tried it, and get an error message. Are you sure that code
> is correct? See here how I wrote it:
>
> texture
> {
>  brick
>  DMFWood6
>  Brushed_Aluminum
>  brick_size < 0.150, 0.075, 0.100 >
>  mortar 0.025
> }
>
> The error message I am getting, is
> "Parse Error: No matching } in texture, texture found instead".

Pretty much everywhere you're using variables containing scene elements
(objects, pigments and what-have-you) you need to wrap them in a
statement specifying what you think they contain.

For instance, in a union, you cannot just write:

    union {
      MyPart1
      MyPart2
    }

Instead, you have to write:

    union {
      object { MyPart1 }
      object { MyPart2 }
    }

Exactly the same is true for textures, so for your construct to work,
you'll have to use:

    texture {
      brick
      texture { DMFWood6 }