POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture : Re: INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture Server Time
5 May 2024 08:38:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 4 Apr 2018 08:04:58
Message: <5ac4bf6a$1@news.povray.org>
I wonder, if the BRICKS pattern can't be used for this, but instead
specifying pigments (colors), now specifying textures instead.

This would be worth a suggestion to Clipka, as that feature would make
it easy to finally have easily creatable planks in the scenes.

Doing some experimenting on my own, I am wondering if there is a way to
"remote-control" textures in a similar way as MACRO does with objects.
If there is a way to change parameters of a texture, it could allow to
change the lumber-type of an upcoming planks texture without having to
re-declare all the entire thing again as a new texture.

---
http://www.avg.com