POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture : Re: INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture Server Time
5 May 2024 09:02:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 3 Apr 2018 05:49:06
Message: <5ac34e12$1@news.povray.org>
It is actually very easy to give a positive response about that code -
because it really produces as good result.

I will have to look deeper into it. Is it true that it is not just a
texture but solid shape(s)? That would make it harder to apply it to
round or elliptical surfaces. I would have to write extra code for
DIFFERENCES.

I wonder, if the BRICK texture can't be used. Making the white lines
much thinner, black, and very long but reduced width (like planks).
Instead of a red filling comes in a wood texture randomly translated at
width and length to prevent cross-over matching wood grain.

---
http://www.avg.com