POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Distant Haze - How To? : Re: Distant Haze - How To? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 03:10:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Distant Haze - How To?
From: Alain
Date: 31 Mar 2018 12:24:17
Message: <5abfb631$1@news.povray.org>
Le 18-03-31 à 06:49, Sven Littkowski a écrit :
> Hi, please have a look to the attached photo. It shows, here from orbit,
> the distant haze at the horizon that makes the horizon line less visible.
>
> I am working on my 1850s Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamboat, and need
> such a horizon-affecting distant haze, too. But i tried ground fog and
> regular fog already, and did not achieve the desired effect.
>
> Does anyone of us POV-Ray community citizens have some tricks that can
> do that? Maybe a huge torus with some sort of media in it? That would be
> my guess (I however have almost no clue how to create media). Doing it
> at the moment with Photoshop only...
>

> ---
> http://www.avg.com

Using fog, you probably need to increase the distance parameter.

Otherwise, I'd use some atmospheric scattering media using the mie_haze
or mie_murky model. You need to use a low density. A sample count of 3
to 5 should be enough.

Don't forget to provide some actual back plane behind that fog or media.
It can be a simple plane with pigment{rgbt 1}.