POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : INVITATION: Join the Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamer! : Re: INVITATION: Join the Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamer! Server Time
19 May 2024 11:04:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INVITATION: Join the Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamer!
From: Stephen
Date: 27 Mar 2018 16:33:11
Message: <5abaaa87$1@news.povray.org>
On 27/03/2018 20:04, Alain wrote:
> Le 18-03-27 à 05:28, Sven Littkowski a écrit :
>> Thanks. I heard about that function, but have problems to handle it.
>>
>> But never mind, I have all coordinates of the entire scene in my mind. I
>> find it difficult to learn to work with so-called WYSIWYG editors, I
>> hand-code everything. :-)
>>
>> ---
>> http://www.avg.com
>>

> You mostly need to remenber that trace(object, start, direction) use a
> start location and a direction. If you change the last value, you'll
> trace in different directions.
>
> trace(Deck, <PosX, 1000, PosZ>, -y)

Even I can use it. ;-)

Use PosX, PosZ to describe a grid with a loop. And check that
   (vlength (Norm)!=0) and do some stuff

Hmm! I had an extra variable:

#declare Inter = trace (Trace_object_,< Pos_x, Pos_y, Pos_z >, z, Norm);

#if (vlength (Norm)!=0)

Then do some stuff.

#end

Alain probably knows and uses a more efficient way of coding it than I
do/can.

--

Regards
     Stephen