POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : N (Captain Nemo) revisited : Re: N (Captain Nemo) revisited Server Time
3 May 2024 02:44:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: N (Captain Nemo) revisited
From: Ive
Date: 22 Mar 2018 04:47:28
Message: <5ab36da0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 3/22/2018 um 3:22 schrieb clipka:
> I'd call that a bullshitty implementation then. After all, the W3C
> officially recommends sRGB for all web content, so that's what browsers
> should default to if an ICC profile is not embedded.
>
> Also, a lot of images posted here are rendered with POV-Ray, which
> currently does not embed an ICC profile. So to comply with your request,
> each and every image would have to be post-processed before posting,
> which I consider unreasonable.

You don't get my point. In practice nowadays nobody cares what the W3C
did recommend a long time ago when monitors where CRT's and smartphones
where not invented yet.
The color space of the majority of viewing devices currently used is not
even close to sRGB and with upcoming 4k displays and even HDR displays
for the consumer market they get even farer away. And as I mentioned
before, this does not make just a subtle difference.
This was also not a personal request of mine (I know about the problems
very well and can work around it if I want to), it is an advice for
everybody who cares about what others will see if they look at an image
one might have created with a lot of effort.
So what you call a bullshitty implementation is what I call a necessary
step in the right direction.

-Ive