POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : N (Captain Nemo) revisited : Re: N (Captain Nemo) revisited Server Time
26 Jun 2024 05:02:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: N (Captain Nemo) revisited
From: clipka
Date: 21 Mar 2018 22:22:44
Message: <5ab31374$1@news.povray.org>
Am 21.03.2018 um 11:52 schrieb Ive:

> And a general note to everybody who's posting images to theses
> newsgroups: please make sure your JPEG image contains a ICC profile.
> Since about 2 months Firefox and Thunderbird have full color management
> enabled by default. Chrome and Opera do the same since quite a while,
[...]
> As color
> management only kicks in for images with ICC profiles I have to save the
> image to my local disk and check *if* it contains a profile and if not
> use my own image viewer that correctly assumes for images without
> profile to be in sRGB and transforms them correctly to my viewing device
> profile.

I'd call that a bullshitty implementation then. After all, the W3C
officially recommends sRGB for all web content, so that's what browsers
should default to if an ICC profile is not embedded.

Also, a lot of images posted here are rendered with POV-Ray, which
currently does not embed an ICC profile. So to comply with your request,
each and every image would have to be post-processed before posting,
which I consider unreasonable.