POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : N (Captain Nemo) revisited : Re: N (Captain Nemo) revisited Server Time
4 May 2024 18:59:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: N (Captain Nemo) revisited
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 21 Mar 2018 08:23:43
Message: <5ab24ecf$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/20/2018 03:43 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Once in a while, I like to revisit an older scene and remodel it to
> current standards and my changing insights and skills. I did this lately
> with my entry to the TC-RTC back in 2008: "N". I still want to change
> some elements but the comparison over ten years of using POV-Ray are
> notable. Left, is the entry of 2008; right, the new version.

It looks better in most respects.  I see 3 areas that seem
over-corrected, though:

The corrosion on the plaque is overdone.  It's not that it's
unrealistic, but that the text is mostly illegible.

The vegetation, while in isolation it looks better than the original, is
distracting from the composition (for that very reason).

The new skin tones look overly saturated, although they are better than
in the original.