POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : radiosity brightness-- subtle problem at low values : Re: radiosity brightness-- subtle problem at low values Server Time
3 May 2024 04:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity brightness-- subtle problem at low values
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Mar 2018 03:48:23
Message: <5ab0bcc7@news.povray.org>
On 19-3-2018 19:05, Stephen wrote:
> On 18/03/2018 20:31, Kenneth wrote:
>> My desire to increase the contrast of a rad scene-- if I feel that it's
>> necessary--
>
> That's the main reason I don't use radiosity. So I am following this
> thread with interest.
> When rating entries in TC-RTC I would lower the gamma in PSP 9 to get an
> image that did not look washed out to my eyes.

I am not convinced that was caused by radiosity. My own 'obsession' with
atmospheric media for instance, when it is not well balanced, gives some
washout. I am struggling with it I confess (see my latest 'Cat Alley'
for instance). To illustrate my point, look at my latest p.b.i.
contribution "N". In both images radiosity was used and whether on the
left hand image that may have led to washing out... I am not sure. In
particular, I drastically changed my texturing of Poser model skins for
instance.

--
Thomas