POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : radiosity brightness-- subtle problem at low values : Re: radiosity brightness-- subtle problem at low values Server Time
30 Apr 2024 12:29:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity brightness-- subtle problem at low values
From: clipka
Date: 13 Mar 2018 16:35:20
Message: <5aa83608@news.povray.org>
Am 13.03.2018 um 20:12 schrieb Kenneth:

> I guess the safest bet right now is: Don't set rad 'brightness ' below .021!
> Which nobody would normally do anyway ;-)

Actually, the safest bet is: Don't set radiosity brightness to
/anything/ other than 1.0 in the first place! It wrecks realism anyway.

(A reasonable case can be made for brightness values slightly _above_
1.0, when recursion_limit is set particularly low (2 or even 1), to
compensate for the fact that this reduces the overall brightness of the
scene a bit. But brightness values below 1.0 are of the devil. Don't go
near them.)