POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Last Year In Birmingham : Re: Last Year In Birmingham Server Time
20 Jun 2024 07:36:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Last Year In Birmingham
From: Ive
Date: 12 Mar 2018 09:41:28
Message: <5aa68388$1@news.povray.org>
Am 3/12/2018 um 13:12 schrieb William F Pokorny:

> Stunning image. How did you get the 'luminous bloom' off the sun glasses?

This scene uses Mie-Murky type media. Its strong forward scattering
together with realistic high light intensities can produce a luminous
bloom effect*. It is also responsible for the slightly changing color
tint as seen in the background and - together with focal blur - helps to
hide the cheap modeling there.

*but was - in this case - not enough for my taste so I intensified it a
bit by post-processing.

-Ive