POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Sky simulation : Re: Sky simulation Server Time
5 May 2024 17:32:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky simulation
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Mar 2018 08:26:33
Message: <5aa13a09@news.povray.org>
On 08/03/2018 12:23, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 8-3-2018 10:34, Stephen wrote:

>>> Easy peasy indeed. I imagine the guys calibrating those data sheets:

>> More likely Pop. The materials used are designed to take the weight
>> and are over rated.
>
> Sad. I would like a bit of drama ;-)

Your slightest wish is my command.

https://youtu.be/CjzykTQM-4w?t=78

A similar incident happened on the platform I was on. Unfortunately the
crane driver was not so lucky. He got trapped in the cabin for hours and
lost a foot and part of his lower leg.

>>> I am always surprised that we got to the Moon at all, or Mars for
>>> that matter, where we were able to crash at least once because of
>>> imperial/metrics confusion... ;-)
>>>

>> Big mistake mixing units. I may think in imperial but work in metric
>> when I can.
>>

> smart. But then you grew up with imperial of course. I find it difficult
> (not that I need it).

It is difficult and took years of repetition before it became second
nature. But after learning things like there are 5280 ft in a mile and
60 mph is 88 ft/s. Not to mention the currency. The metric system is a
walk in the park.
Also we oldies can add up in our head. Unlike the youth of today.

--

Regards
     Stephen