POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Sky simulation : Re: Sky simulation Server Time
17 May 2024 00:00:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky simulation
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Mar 2018 03:25:10
Message: <5aa0f366$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/03/2018 07:54, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 7-3-2018 22:44, Stephen wrote:

>> Drillers use some strange terms. The anchor chain tension is measured
>> in Kilo-pound-inches. I had never heard of that measurement before I
>> had to calibrate the load sensors.
>>

> Interesting story. "kilo-pound-inches", could that mean 'thousand pounds
> per inch'? the word kilo being used for the thousand's value?

Yes kilo is a multiplier and since it is a unit of work it should have
been KIP, kilo inch pounds which is 112.98 Nm.
I got kpi stuck in my head. :-)

For something so important the transmitter was a simple op amp. Check
the zero and span against the supplied load cell manufacturers data
sheet. Easy peasy. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen