POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Lightsys : Re: Lightsys Server Time
19 Apr 2024 02:42:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightsys
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Feb 2018 02:53:27
Message: <5a926b77@news.povray.org>
On 24-2-2018 17:07, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 2/23/2018 8:18 AM, Alain wrote:
>> The 3 lumen looks a little to bright.
>> Can you post the 1 lumen image?
>>
>> Also, the sun position is not the same for the two images. It mover by
>> around 40°.
>
> Here it is with RGB instead of SRGB, and 1 lumens.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/AcGBbla.jpg
>
> As you can see, it is pretty dim and lifeless.

On my screen it looks right.

I often use CIE.inc myself, maybe in a little different way than you do.
This is an example of how I define my sunlight in a scene:

//start code -----------------------------------
#include "CIE.inc"
#if (Fog)
   #local Intensity    = 5;
#else
   #local Intensity    = 3;
#end
//Sun's temperature (Kelvin): 2800=red; 7500=blue white
#declare SunColor     = Blackbody(6500)*Intensity;
#declare SunPosition  = <0, 0, -2>*10e4;
#declare SunDis       = vlength(SunPosition)*2/215;
#declare Sun_alt      = 60;
#declare Sun_azm      = -115;

#if (Area)
   #debug "\nUsing an area_light for the Sun.\n"
   light_source{
     <0, 0, 0>
     color SunColor
     area_light
     SunDis*x, SunDis*z, // lights spread out (x * z)
     4, 4                // total lights in grid (4x*4z = 16 lights)
     adaptive 1          // 0,1,2,3...
     area_illumination on  // full area diffuse and specular
     jitter              // adds random softening of light
     circular            // make the shape of the light circular
     orient              // orient light
     translate SunPosition
     rotate Sun_alt*x
     rotate Sun_azm*y