POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Render Statistics : Re: Render Statistics Server Time
26 Apr 2024 19:48:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render Statistics
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 23 Feb 2018 08:22:20
Message: <5a90158c$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/23/2018 03:04 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 22/02/2018 21:58, Alain wrote:
>> Le 18-02-22 à 07:45, Stephen a écrit :
>
> Thanks. I have a troublesome mesh that is taking ages to render and I am
> looking for reasons.
> What would a Smpls/Pxl = 0.04 signify?

I sometimes look at Max Level results, but little else in that section
of output...

My understanding is Smpls/Pxl is usually 0.0 if anti-aliasing is off. If
AA is on it goes up, but can still be quite small for the overall image
- if not much super-sampling was needed for the image in total.

Are you asking about those particular outputs because you see a
significant difference in those particular results between the two
methods? If so, what are the values returned?

When you say 'mesh' do you mean just a single mesh as rendered to some
plain color via both tools? Or are you talking about a complete scene
via Blender vs PoseRay with textures and 'everything'?

If the former I'd look at the mesh file size as a first clue. Perhaps
too if a really simple scene whether bounding is on in both and what
those stats are. Should somewhere see the output :

Bounding boxes.......On

If working with complete scenes from both tools, the render time
difference could be a great many things. Suppose I'd start by looking at
both sets of files looking for differences. Are there ini files where
one might have some expensive option on by default and the other not for
example?

Bill P.