POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred reflection comparison : Re: Blurred reflection comparison Server Time
6 May 2024 06:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred reflection comparison
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 19 Feb 2018 04:10:27
Message: <5a8a9483@news.povray.org>
On 2/18/2018 9:54 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 19.02.2018 um 03:07 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>> Thanks, that worked. Would you be willing to take a look at each of the
>> different LDraw materials? Currently, there are about 7 different ones,
>> I think.
>
> Dunno. Let me know what those materials are, and I'll try to give
> recommendations.
>
> I don't currently have the time to set up some LDraw->POV-Ray workflow
> myself.
>

> As mentioned before, LEGO's standard opaque plastic has a refractive
> index of about 1.6, which also happens to be a good approximation for
> LEGO's standard transparent plastic (both clear and tinted).

I attached the latest render as well as a copy of the material
definitions I used to make the render. Currently, only the
`ldrawPlasticABSFin` and `ldrawPlasticPolyFin` finishes are configured
to your specifications. Good luck.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'wrapper_townview_close_06.jpg' (408 KB) Download 'materials_mjh_shadowno.inc.txt' (22 KB) Download 'blurred_reflection.inc.txt' (1 KB)

Preview of image 'wrapper_townview_close_06.jpg'
wrapper_townview_close_06.jpg