POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred reflection comparison : Re: Blurred reflection comparison Server Time
5 May 2024 19:00:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred reflection comparison
From: clipka
Date: 18 Feb 2018 20:03:29
Message: <5a8a2261$1@news.povray.org>
Am 19.02.2018 um 00:16 schrieb Mike Horvath:

> #local ldrawPlasticFin=finish {
>  ambient            0
>  diffuse albedo        1
>  specular albedo    1
>  roughness            0.0001
>  fresnel            on
>  reflection {1 fresnel on}
>  conserve_energy
> };
>

> Now I see no reflections at all on the bricks.

Make sure that your materials have an `interior { ior FLOAT }` setting.
For LEGO materials, I recommend a value of 1.6.

When `fresnel` is set to `on`, the intensity of reflections not only
depends on the viewing angle, but also on the ratio between the
refractive index of the material and the refractive index of the medium
around (typically the "atmosphere", which has an ior of 1.0). The more
this ratio deviates from 1.0, the stronger the reflections will be.

By default, POV-Ray materials have an IOR of 1.0.