POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred reflection comparison : Re: Blurred reflection comparison Server Time
6 May 2024 02:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred reflection comparison
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 17 Feb 2018 18:24:41
Message: <5a88b9b9$1@news.povray.org>

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/159291-pov-ray-surface-realism/

>> I asked on Eurobricks which is the most realistic image? I will also
>> ask here. Which do you think look the most like real LEGO bricks?
>>

>> Mike
>
> I like #1 and #2. In all cases, the black road is way too reflective for
> lego (although I like black reflective on principle).  Unless Lego has
> changed a lot since I was a kid.

All my bricks are so old and scarred I can't really come to a conclusion
on my own. For instance, holding a brick so it reflects light from my
lamp, I can make out the bulb pretty clearly as well as the lamp shade.
But other nearby objects are barely visible. I don't know if brand new
bricks would reflect more.

Mike