POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred reflection comparison : Re: Blurred reflection comparison Server Time
4 May 2024 11:27:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred reflection comparison
From: Alain
Date: 15 Feb 2018 19:31:55
Message: <5a86267b$1@news.povray.org>
Le 18-02-15 à 14:26, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> Here's my latest town render. You can see the pixelation in the
> reflections. I haven't been able to get rid of it using more focal blur
> and anti-aliasing. I will keep trying.
>

> Mike

It don't look like pixelisation but rather like some noise.
The possibilities to get rid if it are, in my biew :
1) Use +r4 +am2
2) increase the sample count of your camera's focal blur.

Increasing the maximum recursion level works great when using
reflection{roughness Something}. Most of the time, it have only a
negligeable effect on the rendering speed, but cause antialiasing to
work harder in those noisy areas. You also may want to reduce the aa
threshold from the default of 0.3 to something like 0.1 to 0.05.