POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Question about media_attenuation behavior. : Re: Question about media_attenuation behavior. Server Time
15 May 2024 22:30:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about media_attenuation behavior.
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Feb 2018 07:20:25
Message: <5a842989$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-2-2018 12:27, Bald Eagle wrote:

> I was not at all sure.
> It is not that either.
>
> Upon having more than a few uninterrupted seconds to look into it further, it's
> apparently from "Ms [manuscript] found in a bottle".   :/

Ah! Of course! At least we had the author right. ;-)

[interesting alternative universe title: "Ms (miss) found in a bottle"]

> This is what happens when you voraciously read many things in rapid succession,
> and your vast personal library is no longer at your fingertips.
> This is often an even worse problem for me with Sci Fi, or some bit of film I
> only remember snippets of.

I know what you mean. I am permanently struggling with remembering where
I read snippets of text that come up in daily conversation. :-/

> Elton John had a tiny dancer in his head - I need a tiny librarian, or a
> secretary to manage the filing.
>
> Sounds like TdG needs an AI to index all of his code - I know the feeling.
> "Now WHERE is that little snippet that does....?"

I thought I had it all well and logically filed away but no. I /know/ I
have it somewhere but it escapes my eager little fingers. When
associated with an image I have less problems remembering and finding.

> "The circles rapidly grow small we are plunging madly within the grasp of the
> whirlpool..."
> To mix a thread or two, circles of confusion indeed.

So it is indeed, so it is.

--
Thomas