POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Exomoon Whatmough - height distribution problem : Exomoon Whatmough - height distribution problem Server Time
27 Apr 2024 16:33:34 EDT (-0400)
  Exomoon Whatmough - height distribution problem
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 13 Feb 2018 04:21:23
Message: <5a82ae13@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

Meanwhile, I generated the first global physical maps of Whatmough (see
also my posting in p.b.a), starting with the terrain relief and land/see
distribution as shown in the animation (first image attached)... as
ocean depths and land heights were still too extreme for an almost
Earth-sized body, I tweaked the scaling factor of the terrain function
as well as the sea level (second image). But still I'm not contented
with the result, as low-lying land areas (dark and light green) and
shallow continental shelves (pale cyan) are by far too narrow to look
Earth-like. Which parameter(s) of the ridged_mf() function do I have to
change to achieve this?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '2018-02-12 global map of whatmough, take 1.png' (188 KB) Download '2018-02-13 global map of whatmough, take 4.png' (159 KB)

Preview of image '2018-02-12 global map of whatmough, take 1.png'
2018-02-12 global map of whatmough, take 1.png

Preview of image '2018-02-13 global map of whatmough, take 4.png'
2018-02-13 global map of whatmough, take 4.png