POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred reflection comparison : Re: Blurred reflection comparison Server Time
26 Apr 2024 03:39:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred reflection comparison
From: clipka
Date: 12 Feb 2018 13:21:30
Message: <5a81db2a@news.povray.org>
Am 12.02.2018 um 14:08 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> I still don't understand how I'm supposed to achieve the blurred
> reflections possible in UberPOV by just using a little focal blur.
> Compare the two attached images - especially the reflections in the
> circled parts.

Focal blur is just part of the equation.

You need:

(1) A way to randomize the reflection. A `normal` statement with a very
small scale does nicely.

(2) A way to force POV-Ray to shoot a high number of rays per pixel
where the randomized reflection is. A small bit of focal blur (with high
quality settings) does nicely.

Together this gives you nice blurred reflections at a (hopefully)
reasonable speed.