POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : creepy figures : Re: creepy figures Server Time
21 May 2024 17:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: creepy figures
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Feb 2018 07:06:57
Message: <5a8031e1$1@news.povray.org>
On 11-2-2018 3:25, Norbert Kern wrote:
> Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Wow, that is really creepy!
>>
>> I was going to make it my desktop background, but I don't really like
>> the river rocks.
>>

>> Mike
>

> A very good argument -
>
> several years before I stopped working on an image because of the disturbing
> river rock distribution...
>
> Suggestions?
>

> Norbert

I think that the problem is not so much with the rocks themselves as
with the combination rocks/"mud". Especially the last is not very
credible in this image and hesitates between a wet, rock-like, material,
sand, and plastic. The total has a pudding aspects.

One solution would be to increase the (horizontal) layering of the "mud"
and decrease its texture's graininess. Also, there either is too much
mud and too little rocks in the combination, or too little mud and too
much rocks. You can go either way.

--
Thomas