POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface problem - how to create real ridges? : Re: Isosurface problem - how to create real ridges? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 12:14:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface problem - how to create real ridges?
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 10 Feb 2018 18:46:24
Message: <5a7f8450$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 10.02.2018 14:05, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Sure, just change it to:
>
> #declare Whatmough_Terrain_Function =
> function { S(x, y, z) -  f_ridged_mf(-x, -y, -z, 1, 1.9, 7, 1, 2, 1)/50 }
>
>                        ^ minus

Yes, that's the ticket (as you can see in the attached image... thank you!

After that, I started an animation showing the rotating planet
(technically, it is an almost Earth-sized moon of exoplanet HD 28185 b),
which will be completed this night (CET) and then published on
YouTube... watch out!

Then, I plan to generate cylindrical topographic maps of Whatmough like
I did with Ghurghusht back in 2010, also in very large scales to place
vegetation, buildings and traffic systems on the planet!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'whatmough_planet-.png' (49 KB)

Preview of image 'whatmough_planet-.png'
whatmough_planet-.png