POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : parse vs. render stages, and best use of memory : Re: OT: :-) Server Time
3 May 2024 14:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OT: :-)
From: Stephen
Date: 30 Jan 2018 17:34:30
Message: <5a70f2f6$1@news.povray.org>
On 30/01/2018 22:00, Kenneth wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>

>> Oops! sorry. 'Twas I
>>
> Ah, the leprechaun has been unmasked :-P

Begora and the cream o' the morning to ye. ;-)

> Strange that it shows up in such a way in the web interface; I've actually
> noticed this title-switching before, over the years.
>
> How did you do it?? My inquiring mind is curious. I won't tell anyone  ;-)

I'm sure you can't do it on the web interface.
When you reply to a post using a newsgroup reader. At least in
Thunderbird, you get a pop up window just like an email. You can change
the subject line there.
Also when using a newsgroup reader. It can sort the threads into
branches, following a separate conversations. Allowing you to see who
replied to what. And some newsgroup readers allow you to ignore branches
or whole threads.

--

Regards
     Stephen