POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Procedural realistic mountain ranges? : Re: Procedural realistic mountain ranges? Server Time
2 May 2024 02:58:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Procedural realistic mountain ranges?
From: dick balaska
Date: 2 Jan 2018 04:09:45
Message: <5a4b4c59@news.povray.org>
On 01/02/2018 12:04 AM, clipka wrote:

> The first PC I got my hands on had a hard drive so mind-bogglingly large
> that the OS couldn't manage it as a single partition: 40 MB!

I had a PDP-8s (and a PDP-8e).  The 's' was a full 8 foot rack and had
4KB of core memory.  It had a 16KB hard disk; a 10" platter 1/2" thick
with 4 fixed heads. You could select which head and which quadrant of
disk for 1KB resolution!  The downstairs neighbors used to bang on the
ceiling with a broom when I turned it on because it trashed over-the-air TV.

--
dik
Rendered 344576 of 345600 pixels (99%)