POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Print backdrop stage : Re: Print backdrop stage Server Time
27 Apr 2024 08:32:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Print backdrop stage
From: Stephen
Date: 31 Dec 2017 13:58:42
Message: <5a493362$1@news.povray.org>
On 31/12/2017 12:59, StephenS wrote:
> Help needed here :-)
> I want a <u,v> map-able texture (material?) for my background.
>
> Comments and suggestions welcome.

I like the checked texture. It is un-fussy.

I've mostly used uv mapping with mesh2 objects and with them you need to
use a 3rd party program like uv mapper or Blender, to do the mapping.

With povray objects like spheres, cylinders etc you need to use a
mapping that has a spherical or cylindrical projection.
So it depends on what you want to map to what.

--

Regards
     Stephen