POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The question about of projected through option : Re: The question about of projected through option Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:16:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The question about of projected through option
From: Alain
Date: 19 Dec 2017 16:36:57
Message: <5a398679@news.povray.org>
Le 17-12-18 à 22:12, Masaki  a écrit :
> Thanks for the reply.
> I have some new questions.
>
>> There are a couple of things wrong with your scene. First, your lights
>> and objects are inside the Prism. So you will not see anything.
> (1) Does it mean that I can not see the light from the outside of the prism when
> there is a light source in the prism which is transparent object?

I think that he miss the transparency.
As your prism is transparent, light will shine through.

> (2) In pov-ray, is it possible for the camera to visualize the direct light from
> the source?

Never ever.
The light_source is an abstraction that have no tangible existence. It
just illuminate things. For a light_source to be visible, you need to
associate it with some object, usually by the use of looks_like{...}
It can also be achieved using an union that include the light.
Also, the camera can absolutely never ever directly see the photons if
you use them. They can only be seen when they hit a surface or are
deposited into some scattering media.

> I want to acquire the conical surface light through the prism object directly.

For that, you need to fill that prism with some scattering media.
interior{
	media{ ...media descriptor... }
  }
Please refer to the documentation about media, especially the scattering
media.