POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Antony Gormley simulation : Re: Antony Gormley simulation Server Time
4 Oct 2024 20:28:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Antony Gormley simulation
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Dec 2017 03:03:40
Message: <5a27a45c$1@news.povray.org>
On 5-12-2017 13:52, Bald Eagle wrote:

> Ah. I understand now.
>
> "I found it more expedient to add a random translation to the point values
> before storing them in the array, as they are read in from the file."
>
> (I will admit, it's one of those things that's a bit hard to phrase before 2nd
> coffee..   I'm likely further challenged by the damage that American compulsory
> public education caused me.)

LOL. Not being a native speaker, I have a hard time to formulate them in
such a way that it may puzzle you... ;-)

Stephen is much better at it than I am... :-)

> I think it's something that would save the time of one addition per point if the
> number of points to be plotted exceeded the number of entries in the array, and
> it would prevent overlap of objects slightly differing in position for the same
> array entry.

Still something I am not sure about, but I shall try.

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-schools-were-designed-by-horace-mann-and-barnard-sears-and-harper-of-the-univ
> ersity-of-chicago-and-john-gatto-343105.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/57/14/a2/5714a25f482e091f882ffc1a52fed042--compulsory-education-education-system.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c5/9f/3f/c59f3f93df48042001f325789ac42439--public-school-quotations.jpg

I am not familiar with American school education systems, but from my
own experience in Europe, I disagree on most points and provide marginal
notes for the others. ;-)

--
Thomas