POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "In The Mood" ... : "In The Mood" ... Server Time
3 May 2024 04:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  "In The Mood" ...
From: Ive
Date: 4 Dec 2017 04:21:20
Message: <5a251390@news.povray.org>
... or "From Delft To Hong Kong"
... or "Another Girl With Earrings"

I've tried to capture the mood and lighting of the early Wong Kar-wai
movies (and his brilliant cinematographer Christopher Doyle) multiple
times in the past - but without much success.

So here is another complete failure. I still can't get this Wong Kar-wai
feeling right. His combination of over-saturated but still smooth colors
- somehow sharp but soft at the same time is still outside of my reach.
I'll try again in a few years.

And no, the girl is not meant to be a portrait of the young Maggie
Cheung - I was tempted to try that but somehow did feel it wouldn't be
appropriate.

In case you are not just looking at HER, you might also recognize the
Chinese interior from my TC-RTC entry "Praise Of Shadows" made a long
time ago.

-Ive

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: