POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cloud City II : Re: Cloud City II Server Time
1 May 2024 08:49:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud City II
From: clipka
Date: 30 Nov 2017 11:29:16
Message: <5a2031dc$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.11.2017 um 17:14 schrieb And:

> This picture is subsurface material version. When translucency rise. It is not
>  like cloud enough. I'm not very knowing why. Cause when cloud is not dense it
> should like be.

My best guess is that it doesn't look anything like clouds because in
clouds you have a somewhat gradual change in the density of water
droplets, whereas the subsurface light transport model is designed for
cases where the density of the scattering agent changes abruptly at a
well-defined surface.

Directionality of scattering may also play a role (POV-Ray's current
implementation only supports isotropic scattering), but I don't think it
matters much in this case.