POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Cloud Surface : Re: Cloud Surface Server Time
15 May 2024 17:08:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud Surface
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Nov 2017 17:04:08
Message: <5a1ddd58@news.povray.org>
On 28/11/2017 19:37, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> On 28.11.2017 13:47, Stephen wrote:
>> Why don't you try yourself. You will never get the expertise if you get
>> others to build your scenes.
>> Help is a good thing but ask for it when you fail to get the results you
>> want.
>
> I actually do, trust me. :-)

The phrase brings back memories, man. ;)

I do if you say so.

> I am sitting hours and days on this scene. I did not want to give the
> impression I am not involving myself heavily into this. Oh gosh - really
> not at all.

Maybe one of the failed experiments would help us to see what your
problem is.
You may have to use extreme emission settings. On a df3 scene I was
working on at the beginning of the month. I could not understand why the
df3s were not showing up properly until I set emission > 1000. I wasted
a couple of weeks creating and recreating df3s until I realised the
solution.

> I am good with regular shapes and differences, doing those things for
> decades. I just never ventured out into media and such. See the attached
> image, I did this, without even any WYSIWYG editor. But as strange as it
> sounds, trying to understand media is for me the same difficult as to
> try to learn using WYSIWYG editors which are sooo easy to use for
> others. Much easier for me to keep all coordinates in my mind and get a
> visual understanding of the objects (that's how I built that spaceship).

Very nice!
I can't do what you can do. Which is why I use a modeller to see the
scene in OpenGl.

> The human mind is truly ununderstandable and not logical. :-)

For varying values of understandable, yes.

--

Regards
     Stephen