POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Cloud Surface : Re: Cloud Surface Server Time
9 Jun 2024 21:42:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud Surface
From: clipka
Date: 28 Nov 2017 16:54:10
Message: <5a1ddb02$1@news.povray.org>
Am 28.11.2017 um 19:07 schrieb Sven Littkowski:
> On 28.11.2017 07:48, Bald Eagle wrote:
>> There's a lot of stuff to comment on, and little time to do it.
>> Truly, you need to stop randomly changing things without understanding what they
>> do and how they do it (if your goal is a targeted result).
>> That, and F1 is your friend.
>
> Not with Povray v3.8 - it seems no help is yet linked to F1 and
> keywords. Of course, I had tried...   :-(

That's just a technical problem of the v3.8.0-alpha releases.

To solve this, download the v3.8.0 help file from GitHub and save it in
your POV-Ray v3.7.0 installation directory tree alongside
`povray37.chm`; you can find the file in question here:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/blob/release/v3.8.0/distribution/platform-specific/windows/Help/povray.chm

This should make the v3.8.0-alpha inbuilt help available for the
v3.8.0-alpha binaries.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Things will get better as soon as v3.8.0
enters beta phase and we'll start publishing full-fledged installers.