POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Cloud Surface : Re: Cloud Surface Server Time
28 May 2024 22:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud Surface
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 28 Nov 2017 13:14:53
Message: <5a1da79d$1@news.povray.org>
On 28.11.2017 07:08, Stephen wrote:
> On 28/11/2017 11:31, Sven Littkowski wrote:
>> Yes, you are right - changing the atmospheric colors does not lead to
>> straight, expected results, but to unexpectable new colors. I believe
>> (but I have no clue about media and density), that the reason for this
>> color problem lays with the fact, that you specify the colors within the

>> density map.
>
> No, The density map is not for the colour. The colour comes from the
> media setting.
> The density map is used by Pov as a pattern to calculate the density
> through the volume of the media.
>
>> I wonder, if there is a way to use neutral shades for the
>> density map,
>
> This is where you are going wrong. You are thinking of the density map
> as a colour map.
>
>> and move the color map into the pigment statement right
>> below the coordinates of the cloud layer.
>
> The pigment should be 100% transparent so effectively it has no colour.
>
> I see that in the code I posted I had used a small amount of absorption.
> I was an egg and thought that it would obscure the dancer's feet a bit.
> I used a little emission to give the cloud a slightly glowing effect.
> (It was a dream sequence after all.)

Well, your input is great, and well-appreciated! When we get the scene
to the point that it becomes easy to adjust the colors and that the two
suns are the light-emitting media light sources (and the traditional
light_source is removed), i think then I want to make this scene public
domain and invite everyone to create their own futuristic skyscrapers.
and flying apartment bubbles (flattened bubbles, hovering above or below
the clouds or docking in swarms to those intended skyscrapers).

---

http://www.avg.com