POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Cloud Surface : Re: Cloud Surface Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:54:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud Surface
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 28 Nov 2017 13:11:53
Message: <5a1da6e9$1@news.povray.org>
On 28.11.2017 10:54, omniverse wrote:
> Sven Littkowski <I### [at] SvenLittkowskiname> wrote:
>>
>> global_settings
>> {
>>  assumed_gamma 1.4
>
> Ah yes, that was one of the other things I should have told you about.
>
> I only replaced 1.0 with 1.4 to artificially darken the image because I w
asn't
> getting a dark enough orange haze layer in the sky any other way.
>
> You will not want to use anything other than 1.0 there, adjust scene elem
ents
> themselves instead.
>
> Not sure without checking first but maybe replace rgb colors with srgb?
>
> I will defer to advise being given from other people here, they've been d
oing
> good already. I probably should have written scene comments as a guide bu
t I was
> being too quick making changes without thinking it over.
>
> Bob

In any way, your help is tremendous! And highly appreciated!

I want to change the two suns into light-emitting media, can you assist?
I simply lack expertise, never worked with media. Those will later
replace the traditional light_source.

Hazes can be done by the onion-pattern instead of Y-oriented color_map,
a suggestion by other members is.

I am happy with 1.0 *1.4 light, it looks very good.

---

http://www.avg.com