POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Cloud Surface : Re: Cloud Surface Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:53:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud Surface
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 28 Nov 2017 13:07:32
Message: <5a1da5e4$1@news.povray.org>
On 28.11.2017 07:48, Bald Eagle wrote:
> There's a lot of stuff to comment on, and little time to do it.
> Truly, you need to stop randomly changing things without understanding what they
> do and how they do it (if your goal is a targeted result).
> That, and F1 is your friend.

Not with Povray v3.8 - it seems no help is yet linked to F1 and
keywords. Of course, I had tried...   :-(

> boxed is a POV-Ray pattern, not a container shape.

Ohhh. Thanks.

>> //atmosphere:
>> sphere
> this is why the horizon is sharply curved.   Change the radius to something
> bigger, and move the center to compensate.
>
>>     gradient y
>
> This is why the colors change in a non-intuitive way.
> You have a spherical container, but a flat gradient y.
> Use a spherical pattern instead of gradient. (think center-out, not bottom to
> top)

I want to transform the two suns into light-giving media (no clue how)
and then to remove the existing traditional light_source. Help needed.

Spherical pattern: onion?

> This is indeed working out to be a beautiful scene.
>
> Will there be a large Roman ship with oars dipping into the clouds?   ;)

No, not a Roman ship. But there will be futuristic skyscrapers and
flying apartments (round flattened bubbles) that can dock to the tall
buildings in swarms, or hover around slowly above or below the clouds.

I want to make the scene public domain, and then invite everyone to join
with their own skyscrapers.

---

http://www.avg.com