POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Cloud Surface : Re: Cloud Surface Server Time
28 Jun 2024 20:47:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud Surface
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Nov 2017 07:08:08
Message: <5a1d51a8$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/11/2017 11:31, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Yes, you are right - changing the atmospheric colors does not lead to
> straight, expected results, but to unexpectable new colors. I believe
> (but I have no clue about media and density), that the reason for this
> color problem lays with the fact, that you specify the colors within the
> density map.

No, The density map is not for the colour. The colour comes from the
media setting.
The density map is used by Pov as a pattern to calculate the density
through the volume of the media.

> I wonder, if there is a way to use neutral shades for the
> density map,

This is where you are going wrong. You are thinking of the density map
as a colour map.

> and move the color map into the pigment statement right
> below the coordinates of the cloud layer.

The pigment should be 100% transparent so effectively it has no colour.

I see that in the code I posted I had used a small amount of absorption.
I was an egg and thought that it would obscure the dancer's feet a bit.
I used a little emission to give the cloud a slightly glowing effect.
(It was a dream sequence after all.)

--

Regards
     Stephen