POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Cloud Surface : Re: Cloud Surface Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:54:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud Surface
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 28 Nov 2017 06:31:45
Message: <5a1d4921$1@news.povray.org>
I have started to work on your scene, to adapt it even more.

Yes, you are right - changing the atmospheric colors does not lead to
straight, expected results, but to unexpectable new colors. I believe
(but I have no clue about media and density), that the reason for this
color problem lays with the fact, that you specify the colors within the
density map. I wonder, if there is a way to use neutral shades for the
density map, and move the color map into the pigment statement right
below the coordinates of the cloud layer.

Also, seeing that the horizon is too curvy, I try out using a box
instead of a cylinder for the cloud layer. I now use the keyword "boxed"
for "density" instead"spherical", but the horizon still looks like that
of a cylinder. Can you advise? See my altered source code below.

Once I got the environment right, then I will work on the architecture
of the skyscrapers. I have some weird visions... :-D

Basically, the task is now to get the horizon straight, and then to find
a way to change the colors the way we want.

UPDATE
Horizon okay now.
I wonder, if I can use these two suns as light sources instead of a
traditional light_source, when filling them with media?

---

http://www.avg.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sl - cloud cities - omniverse - 02.jpg' (90 KB)

Preview of image 'sl - cloud cities - omniverse - 02.jpg'
sl - cloud cities - omniverse - 02.jpg