POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Cloud Surface : Re: Cloud Surface Server Time
2 Jul 2024 21:57:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud Surface
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 27 Nov 2017 12:41:08
Message: <5a1c4e34@news.povray.org>
On 27.11.2017 07:20, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> It depends of what you want. If it is a fading away of the clouds
> towards the edge, you would need a cloud media using density
> {cylindrical etc} to get the proper effect, in addition to the clouds
> proper. Not entirely trivial to do, although I think it possible. I
> shall try later when I get some time. Somewhat easier would be, I guess,
> hiding the edge in a more opaque mist (also with cylindrical) but then
> as an atmospheric effect. You know that you can layer media like you can
> layer textures?

Hi, thanks for your answer. I need both effects: fading cloud edges
(density), and the distant fog that makes the cloud object disappearing
at the horizon (please see the attached example image). It is actually
that example scene, that triggered my decision to do something like that
with POV-Ray. :-)

---

http://www.avg.com

Post a reply to this message