POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpov : Re: qtpov Server Time
28 Apr 2024 07:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpov
From: dick balaska
Date: 26 Nov 2017 23:06:50
Message: <5a1b8f5a$1@news.povray.org>
I have a qtpov-0.0.1 release (Linux only).
http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpov/

It's very primitive, but it has some bells and whistles.
http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpov/g/qtpovRenderInProgress.png

I have one bummer: When I throw a "render several frames at .5 seconds
per frame" command at it, the bit that scales the in-progress image into
the window is *slow*, and drags the event queue to a crawl. There's too
many redraw events [1]. :(

There is a compiled binary package available. I have run it on 3
different Ubuntu 16 boxes, but that's not much of a test, because they
are all Ubuntu 16. The qtpov program runs on Ubuntu 14 (with the
included .so files) but povrayws tips over on bad system libraries. It's
best to build povrayws yourself.

--
dik

[1] So I start a render of 10 frames. The UI locks up as it furiously
renders and displays the 10 frames. Around frame 5 I press "Cancel",
which is the same button as "Render". It finishes the frames, sees the
event on the button, which is now back to "Render" (because the job is
done) and restarts the render job. argh.