POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Cloud Surface : Re: Cloud Surface Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud Surface
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 26 Nov 2017 22:40:26
Message: <5a1b892a@news.povray.org>
On 26.11.2017 06:44, And wrote:

> ..     alright:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.5a1aa6b6d28a8fb9dc963d550%40news.povray.org%3E/

Thank you. I made a try with your clouds. First, I had to rotate your
cloud so it could fit to my own coordinate system, then resizing it and
making it a bit flatter with scaling down the Y axis.

The clouds look good. But there is something which I would want to
change but I do not have the knowledge how to do:

I would want to use a media, that gives a color based on density. Thick
clouds are filled with this color, but the thin edges are fading out.
Can you do that?

At the moment, with your clouds they are right now, the tower disappears
abruptly. But it should fade away into the clouds. That is why this is
necessary.

---

http://www.avg.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sl - cloud cities- andclouds.jpg' (388 KB)

Preview of image 'sl - cloud cities- andclouds.jpg'
sl - cloud cities- andclouds.jpg