POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sven - Roman Galley Oar : Re: Sven - Roman Galley Oar Server Time
3 May 2024 08:03:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sven - Roman Galley Oar
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 24 Nov 2017 02:55:45
Message: <5a17d081$1@news.povray.org>
On 09.10.2017 20:34, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Is this all you're trying to do?
> CSG is all you need - it's the texturing, not the shape that'll make it look
> amazing.
>
> Don't overcomplicate it.
>
> I'm sure there must be plans for a ship.
> Lay out the splines, and use prisms.
> Or just buy a 3D model and edit it.

For some very strange reason, I find it absolutely hard to work with
WYSIWYG editors, but find it incredibly easy to work with the plain
POV-Ray text editor. But with that, i cannot edit existing models.

But also, all existing models are so faulty at so many places,
correcting all errors is not the best option. Only creating new models
is the only good options. The cause for all these wrong models that
exist is, that some decades ago two plastic model kit companies created
two model kits of "Roman" ships that are full of faults. Since that
time, everyone just uses these two ships as base for their own models -
and copy all the faults.

The only solution where I could bring in myself, is if I provide
hand-drawn sketches, and someone with WYSIWYG-editor skills (CSG) would
then create these models. I can also assist with color advises. In fact,
the resulting ships would be a true revolution.

---

http://www.avg.com