POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Antony Gormley simulation : Re: Antony Gormley simulation Server Time
2 Jun 2024 09:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Antony Gormley simulation
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Nov 2017 02:54:31
Message: <5a13dbb7$1@news.povray.org>
On 20-11-2017 14:03, Bald Eagle wrote:
>> And better yet, using VRand_In_Obj()
>>

>> --
>> Thomas
>
> These are fun - and so comparatively easy to make compared to other types of
> scenes!

Yes, one has no merit at all :-)

> I was wondering what your "yield" was in terms of successful placement of random
> points inside.  I did a few real quick experiments, and it seemed like I was
> getting _very_ sparse coverage.  I did a (Success/TotalTests)*100 calculation,
> and got 1.4%.

I don't know about yield. Using VRand_In_Obj() that should be 100%,
shouldn't it? Anyway, I just increase or decrease the number of objects
and judge the result.

My main focus now is to get a "better" (?) coverage of the arms and legs
compared to the body. They seem to be more sparsely populated. So, my
idea was to use an additional test: function {pow(f_boxed(x,y,z),2)}
provided by Christian Froeschlin some years ago, and thus concentrate
the objects more towards the periphery than towards the centre. However,
I am not sure what I am doing and I have difficulty scaling this to the
correct proportions of the body. Any suggestions there would help me.

> I like the [rusted] wire boxes   :)

Me too.

--
Thomas