POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clothed in light. : Re: Not Clothed in light. So partial nudity Server Time
18 May 2024 09:47:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not Clothed in light. So partial nudity
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Nov 2017 08:21:17
Message: <5a0d90cd$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/11/2017 11:43, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
>> Thanks but you are not seeing it from this side of the screen. *
>
> Our hidden cameras see EVERYTHING.
> Now get back to desk and continue laboring.

How did you know that I'm a card carrying member of the Labour party? :-P

>> Here is a close up as changing the eyes in Poser was the only change I
>> made there.
>> FYI the female model is a low res one. I don't think it even uses an
>> image map for the body. So if I wanted more detail I would change it in
>> Poser. Besides I don't want to get distracted by looking at the model. ;-)
>
> And the tip of the sword has disappeared

White out I assume.

- obviously a green screen.
> "GIRL WITH WINGS BRANDISHED SWORD IN DANCE STUDIO"

A variation on the traditional "Dirk Dance, for the Elder Races".
She is actually facing down a Kelpie.

> Fake news to forward the agenda to disarm scantily clad females.

There is a lot of talk about that in the news atm. I am aware of it and
approve, if the truth be told. But since we have become a gentleman's
club again. I don't suppose anyone will notice.

>>> I'm sure some of us have some slightly richer looking wood floor macros lying
>>> about. ;)
>>>
>> As I implied to Thomas. The studio is a very old scene. At least ten
>> years old if I made it in Moray. So any contributions are welcome. :-)
>
> I'll see what I can isolate from the Secret Passage scene.
> You'd think there would be a well developed wood floor macro or include file -
> and having had to write the code to make an acceptable wood floor, I can see why
> there might not be one.

There is one to lay cobblestones/bricks in regular patterns but not for
floors. As far as I know.

I think I would want parquet flooring for my dance studio. None of those
big planks with gaps and splinters. :P

"Stand up for your feet and your feet will stand up for you." One of my
maxims in life. :)

>>> Is there a way to light the room with HDRI?
>>> Maybe just surround the room with one and add no_shadow?
>>
>> I'm not too keen on that idea. I don't think it would work with three
>> walls of mirrors.
>
> I think you miss my point -
> I was thinking about using the HDR _only_ as a light source - the image wouldn't
> be visible in the scene at all (unless you had windows).

I still don't see it for an inside scene. Not going from the HDR images
I've seen. But if you can find what looks like a suitable one. I'll give
it a go.

Since you gave me the idea for my next masterpiece. ;) I will use HDR in
"Dirk Dance, for the Elder Races". I have a couple of ideas for the Kelpie.

> I have very little experience with HDR, so perhaps someone could comment on how
> that might best be implemented, if at all.
>

>> * I have no idea why in this image the wings and clothes did not show.
>> With the render time they should have been there.
>
> Because media.
> That's why media drives me crazy.

I have to relearn it every time I stop using it. It will stick one of
these days.

>> I had two other unexpected results yesterday that has set me back a bit.
>
> And that's always the case, isn't it - there's always _something_ to start a
> cascade of stumbling blocks.

This is making me doubt my sanity. I'll strip the scene down to it's
essentials and see what's going on.

--

Regards
     Stephen