POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clothed in light. : Re: Not Clothed in light. So partial nudity Server Time
18 May 2024 09:55:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not Clothed in light. So partial nudity
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Nov 2017 07:32:02
Message: <5a0d8542$1@news.povray.org>
On 16-11-2017 11:24, Stephen wrote:
> On 16/11/2017 02:23, Bald Eagle wrote:
>> This is coming along very nicely :)
>
> Thanks but you are not seeing it from this side of the screen. *
>
>> I like this second version a lot - the camera position just works
>> better I
>> think.
>>

> That was just because Kenneth wanted a hall of mirrors.
>
> Remember that this is not an exhibition image but a test image for the
> df3s. I placed it in my studio because of the flack I got for Lanya's
> dress. ;-)
> I'm thinking of using the studio for my test environment because of
> getting three additional views of the subject.

In itself, that is a good idea. However, you may come across situations
where mirrors are not really appropriate for a testing environment.
Personally, I am currently working on a "studio lighting" test scene for
objects like sculptures, with three light sources (and a dim hdri).

To be sure, the object/texture determines what kind of environment it
needs best for testing.

>> Enhancements:
[snip]
>> I'm sure some of us have some slightly richer looking wood floor
>> macros lying
>> about. ;)
>>
> As I implied to Thomas. The studio is a very old scene. At least ten
> years old if I made it in Moray. So any contributions are welcome. :-)

I have a macro, modified from work by Dan Hentschel in 2004. I shall put
it in p.b.utilities.

>> Is there a way to light the room with HDRI?
>> Maybe just surround the room with one and add no_shadow?
>>

> I'm not too keen on that idea. I don't think it would work with three
> walls of mirrors. I'm aware of the need for some sort of background.
> That is why there are a couple of old chairs and a stack of mats. At one
> time I had a table with a stereo and a mop and bucket. Just for interest.
>

>> Just throwing out ideas before turning in for the night.
>>

> Thanks. I'm flattered over a test image.
>
> * I have no idea why in this image the wings and clothes did not show.
> With the render time they should have been there.
> But at least you can see that the model is low res and the eyes.

Hm... is the camera very close to the model? maybe there is some
interference...

--
Thomas