POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clothed in light. : Re: Not Clothed in light. So partial nudity Server Time
18 May 2024 11:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not Clothed in light. So partial nudity
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Nov 2017 05:24:28
Message: <5a0d675c@news.povray.org>
On 16/11/2017 02:23, Bald Eagle wrote:
> This is coming along very nicely :)

Thanks but you are not seeing it from this side of the screen. *

> I like this second version a lot - the camera position just works better I
> think.

That was just because Kenneth wanted a hall of mirrors.

Remember that this is not an exhibition image but a test image for the
df3s. I placed it in my studio because of the flack I got for Lanya's
dress. ;-)
I'm thinking of using the studio for my test environment because of
getting three additional views of the subject.

> Enhancements:
>
> Maybe someone can contribute a proximity pattern to add some depth to the skin
> texture.   It also looks to me like either she has no pupils, or her eyelids are
> closed, depending upon the size of the image...

Here is a close up as changing the eyes in Poser was the only change I
made there.
FYI the female model is a low res one. I don't think it even uses an
image map for the body. So if I wanted more detail I would change it in
Poser. Besides I don't want to get distracted by looking at the model. ;-)

> I'm sure some of us have some slightly richer looking wood floor macros lying
> about. ;)

As I implied to Thomas. The studio is a very old scene. At least ten
years old if I made it in Moray. So any contributions are welcome. :-)

> Is there a way to light the room with HDRI?
> Maybe just surround the room with one and add no_shadow?

I'm not too keen on that idea. I don't think it would work with three
walls of mirrors. I'm aware of the need for some sort of background.
That is why there are a couple of old chairs and a stack of mats. At one
time I had a table with a stereo and a mop and bucket. Just for interest.

> Just throwing out ideas before turning in for the night.

Thanks. I'm flattered over a test image.

* I have no idea why in this image the wings and clothes did not show.
With the render time they should have been there.
But at least you can see that the model is low res and the eyes.

I had two other unexpected results yesterday that has set me back a bit. :-(

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'studio_vic2d_y_903a1_0000.png' (497 KB)

Preview of image 'studio_vic2d_y_903a1_0000.png'
studio_vic2d_y_903a1_0000.png