POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : no water in the garden : Re: no water in the garden Server Time
3 May 2024 13:11:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no water in the garden
From: MichaelJF
Date: 4 Nov 2017 18:16:32
Message: <59fe3c40$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.11.2017 um 19:09 schrieb Fractracer:
>> Long time no see indeed. I like your rust textures, except maybe the one
>> on the U-shaped beam.
>>
>> Watch out for the jaggies on the cracks :-)
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>
> I think the worst texture is the texture of the pump. I cannot obtain exactely
> what i want.
> About the jaggies on the cracks, it is due to the blob's macro. Hard to set it
> fine.

I agree with Thomas, the worst is the one on the U-shaped beam. The
texture of the pump is not that bad, but it would look better scaled
down a little bit IMO.

A good start for rust textures is the work of one of our best texture
experts: Sean Day. Look for his entry "Old Royal" in the IRTC August
2006. The image and the code are still available at
https://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/graphics/irtc/stills/ where all of the
IRTC entries are stored. But beware, rendering through all this years of
POV can be a bit addictive...

Best regards
Michael