POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : New version screen.inc : Re: New version screen.inc Server Time
14 May 2024 12:28:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New version screen.inc
From: Stephen
Date: 4 Nov 2017 15:56:44
Message: <59fe1b7c@news.povray.org>
On 04/11/2017 19:19, cbpypov wrote:

>> You are right. You can only use screen.inc with the perspective camera.
>>

>> Fake it. Move the camera further away and reduce the angle.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards
>>       Stephen
>

> Wasn't it just the objective of SharkD's file to actually make screen.inc
> compatible with the orthographic camera? I.e. the issue of this thread?? A few
> posts before some people state that it behaves as expected, but I can't seem to
> get it to work.

Oops! I forgot the beginnings of this thread.
That's what he said in the first post. But the third one with an
attachment still says:

> // You can only use screen.inc with the perspective camera. Screen.inc
> // will automatically create the camera definition for you when it is
> // included.

> It would be nice to have this feature, because I already have all the camera
> positions of my animations and simply wanted to add a subtitle and some displays
> in front of the camera. Due to the scientific background of the animation I'd
> really prefer to have the orthographic cam.
>
> Stephen, I tried your suggestion (without thinking, though) and just multiplied
> the camera location vector by 10, and divided the angle by 10. It did not work
> :) Is there a known mathematical way to fake the ortho-cam with my working
> camera settings (i.e. a simple transformation that I can apply in the end)?

There will be a tangent in there some way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_of_view#Derivation_of_the_angle-of-view_formula

All those hard quantum sums, eh? ;-)

--

Regards